This website is operated by Jackton Moor, (Jackton Moor is a trading name of TMS Kits Direct Ltd), We are committed to protecting your privacy and we comply with all data protection laws applicable to the United Kingdom.
- Visitors to our website
- Customers who purchase goods or services or create an account with us
- Our suppliers
- Anyone who contacts us for information or prices
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information relating to an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly, often by name, account number, location, an online identifier or other factors specific to their identity
Personal information may include “special category data” relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health and criminal records and allegations.
As a rule, we do not collect “special category data” about visitors to our website or our customers or suppliers. The exception is where we identify suspected criminal activity such as fraudulent claims or the use of stolen payment card details. In this case we will record details of the suspected criminal activity and may take appropriate action, including refusing to accept orders, make payments or give refunds. We may also report the incident to the relevant bank or payment card issuer or to the police or other appropriate authorities.
See below for details of how we may use your personal information.
Visitors to our website
When someone views www.jacktonmoor.com we use a third-party service, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow the third party to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including business address, telephone number and email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- IP address
What we do with the information we collect
On our website
We receive information from several areas on our website. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
Personal data received from our website enquiry forms – we use this to provide you with further information you have requested from Jackton Moor. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us processing it.
Personal data received from our brochure request form – we use this to provide you with further information you have requested from Jackton Moor. By providing us with your personal data, you consent to us processing it. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com . We do not rent or sell our email lists to any other company or business.
From other sources
In cases where we meet individuals face to face, ie at business events, or when we meet a customer to discuss a project we may request your contact details/business card to provide further information. By providing us with your personal data you consent to us using it.
Email – if you send us emails the emails will be stored on our servers and your details may also be stored in our databases to enable us to respond to you.
Social media – if you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored on that social media platform. We will respond within one week. It will not be shared with any other organizations. If we identify a legitimate interest and can balance it against the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms, we may move the contact details to our secure database.
We also use the above information for the following reasons:
Enquiries and Information:
- to answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested;
- to keep track of sales and enquiries
- to keep you informed about our products and services
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services;
Orders and Account Management:
- to process your order
- to help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- to arrange visits to your home (e.g. to carry out a survey or installation)
- to manage deliveries, returns and refunds
- to manage your account, including carrying out identity checks (if applicable)
- to manage your credit account (if applicable) including carrying out credit checks
- to contact you for your views on our products and services
- to track activity on our site and to provide a more personalised online experience
- to link with social media sites and services, for example, for advertising purposes
- for market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- for product liability purposes
- to deal with enquiries and complaints
- for claims management and insurance purposes
- for general record keeping purposes
The personal information we collect about you and how we use it
If you supply products or services to us, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- for order processing and management;
- to manage deliveries, installations, returns and refunds;
- for product liability purposes;
- to manage your account, including conducting credit and other background checks where applicable;
- for market research purposes;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our websites or services;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints;
- for claims management and insurance purposes; and
- for record keeping purposes.
If you are a supplier and you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your usual business contact.
How long do we retain the information we collect
We will store the information we collect for no longer than we believe is necessary. This may be until a business issue is resolved or we believe that there is no longer interest from you in our products or services.
In addition to the above, we will retain any documents (including electronic documents) that contain personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
If you make a purchase, we normally keep records of the transaction for 7 years. If you are an account customer or a supplier, we normally keep records for 7 years after the closure of your account or the last purchase or sale you made. In all cases, this is for accounting, tax and product liability purposes.
Your information may be retained for longer than this if there are valid legal grounds for us to do so, for example if required by law or court order, or as needed to defend or pursue legal claims or for product warranty reasons.
Keeping You Informed
If you sign up to receive updates or have bought or enquired about our products or services, we may use the information we collect to let you know about our other products and services which may be of interest to you and to keep you updated with information about promotional offers and what is coming soon.
We review the products and services you buy, and we also analyse your use of our website and the searches you make on this and other websites. We use this information to tailor the marketing you receive from us, so that it is as relevant as possible. This may include serving you with adverts on social media and other third-party websites.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting email@example.com .
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. If there is a data breach, we will notify both you and the ICO within 3 business days.
Your information may be shared within TMS Direct Ltd group for account management (including credit accounts), analysis and reporting.
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties if required by law:
- tax, customs and excise authorities
- regulators, courts and the police
- fraud screening agencies
- central and local government
- insurance companies
- other professional advisors
We may also disclose your personal information if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or otherwise protect and defend our rights, property or the safety of our customers and other users of the website.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal information in connection with a reorganisation of all or part of our business, if the majority of our shares are bought by another company or if we transfer all or some of our assets to another company.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Data Protection Regulations enable individuals to find out whether we are holding any personal information pertaining to them through a right of access or subject access request. Such requests should be emailed to email@example.com. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [ www.ico.org.uk ] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
This website is owned and operated by TMS Kits Direct Ltd (trading as Jackton Moor) and is registered in Scotland Company No: SC268456
10 Peel Park Place
College Milton South